Nanosol was founded in 1995 as a spin-off of the INM, Institute for New Materials at the University of Saarbrücken. Nanosol® was the first company worldwide in analytics and research to develop and produce coatings for the inner and outer surfaces of needles and tubes with nanocomposites. Since then, Nanosol® has successfully applied these innovative coating systems to components used in diagnostic laboratory equipment.
In 2000, the Nanosol was relocated to its current location in Balzers, Principality of Liechtenstein, where its sister company, Filtrop AG, is also located.
In 2008, a further, very important strategic step was taken by setting up its own production facility for high-quality needles, after the company had already sold these products for 20 years.
Today Nanosol AG is one of the leading manufacturers of high-quality needles and supplies customers worldwide.
The know-how is unique thanks to in-house production of both the mechanical components and the coating.
Our core competence is the production of precision mechanical components, mainly hollow needles made of stainless steel, as well as the wet-chemical coating of surfaces using novel materials and technologies according to customer-specific requirements. We use high-quality stainless steels with the finest surface quality for the manufacturing of precision mechanical components such as needles. For the coating we mainly use coating materials which are produced and applied with nanotechnology and the sol-gel process.
Our customers are OEM manufacturers of devices in medical technology, chromatography, ophthalmology, etc. We accompany them with our know-how from the product idea to the elaboration of the specification up to the finished product.
You are looking for a special hollow needle or have a surface problem and are considering a solution through coatings? Then we are the right partner for you. Our path to problem solving:
Support in design and specification
Production according to specification of samples, prototypes and series products
Quality control according to customer requirements
Our strengths / Philosophy
Highest quality: as high as desired
On-time delivery: for annual orders we create a buffer stock - short call-off times
Flexibility for custom-made products
Nanosol AG is the leading manufacturer of high-quality stainless steel cannulas according to customer design. Applications: mainly in laboratory diagnostics, research, analytics, medical technology and industry.
USP: In-house manufacturing of precision mechanical components and coating of needles on the inside and outside surface.
Our customers appreciate
- Our cost awareness, our high professional competence and adherence to delivery dates
- The short decision paths and our fast and flexible actions
For us quality means
- Strict compliance with agreed specifications
- Permanent fulfilment of market and customer requirements
The manners of our employees are characterized by
- Honesty and mutual respect
- A trusting cooperation in all areas and with all partners
Occupational safety / health protection
- Open communication and regular training
- Compliance with all safety-relevant specifications and laws
The protection of the environment is a basis for all entrepreneurial decisions. We are commited to protecting the environment by
- Complying with the environmentally relevant regulations and laws, as well as consciously and sustainably handling the resources used
- Reducing environmentally hazardous substances and agents to an absolute minimum
Nanosol is located in a modern factory building on Landstrasse 16 in Balzers in the Principality of Liechtenstein, in the heart of Europe.
We are certified
- Medical devices according to EN ISO 13485:2016
- Quality management according to ISO 9001:2015
- Environmental management according to ISO 14001:2015
Certificate EN ISO 13485
Certificate ISO 9001 / 14001